Ann is a Karen Pryor Academy certified training partner
She is one of the first people in the UK to attain this prestigious qualification. She holds a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Canine Behaviour and Training from Bishop Burton College in association with Hull University and is currently studying for a Masters degree in Applied Animal Behaviour and training. Ann also is a qualified teacher of humans, holding a PTLLS qualification.
She runs training classes for puppies and older dogs at New Mills Town Hall in New Mills on Wednesday evenings. One-to-one training sessions are available throughout the High Peak and surrounding areas.
Specialising in kind and effective methods, Ann aims to make training enjoyable and simple for both dog and owner. Her knowledge and experience are firmly based in accepted scientific teaching, using the way animals learn to the advantage of the owner and the dog. This way of training will enhance your relationship with your dog and provide you with the knowledge to take your dog’s training to a new level.
Sometimes our canine companions can develop issues that are not simply a matter of training. Ann is a practising canine behaviourist, offering behavioural consultations in clients’ homes in the High Peak and surrounding areas.
Behavioural services may require a referral from a veterinary surgeon – please call if you would like to discuss your requirements and we will be happy to advise you.
Why Choose a KPA CTP?
All dogs deserve great trainers. Every Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner (KPA CTP) is a graduate of our Dog Trainer Professional program and has demonstrated excellent technical knowledge and hands-on skills in positive teaching and training. A KPA CTP is a trainer you and your pets can count on.
Using a KPA CTP means that your trainer:
- Is skilled in using positive teaching and training techniques with you and your pet to make training fun.
- Is educated about using science and behavior-based methods to make training more efficient.
- Can customize a training program specifically designed to help you and your pet communicate and succeed together.
- Participates in programs for quality assurance and continuing education to ensure the training you receive is based on modern research and technology.
- Pledges to teach and train using force-free principles so that you and your dog develop a bond built on trust and respect.
See more here: http://www.clickertraining.com/